Customer Service Charter
We want to give the best service we can to anyone who needs our help.
Our commitment to you:
- We will greet you promptly, and with a smile.
- We will treat you with courtesy and respect.
- We will try not to keep you waiting.
- We will try to answer your questions as best we can, if we cannot do this, we will pass you on to someone who can or get back to you.
- We will take responsibility when dealing with your request, making sure we do whatever is required
- We will ensure services are as accessible as possible and consider individual circumstances/special needs, e.g. young and older people.
- We will give you choices about how and when to contact us.
- We will look for ways to improve services and will learn from comments and complaints.
- We will work more closely with other service providers to improve our service to you.
When you contact us by telephone:
- We will answer your call within four rings.
- We will call you back if you ask us to, within 24 hours.
- We will give you our name and if you need to contact us again, our direct telephone number and/or e-mail address.
- We will try to give you all the advice and information that you need or ensure that we hand you off to a staff person who can help you.
When you contact us in writing/by e-mail:
- We will acknowledge your email within 24 hours or letter within one week, and respond or advise when you can expect a meaningful response.
- We will let you know when a full response can be provided if we cannot respond in this timescale.
- We will reply in plain English.
When you visit us:
- We will make every effort not keep you waiting for longer than a few minutes.
If you do have to wait, we will ensure you are comfortable while you do so.
- We will endeavour to give you all the advice and information that you need.
- We will arrange a private greeting room when an appointment has been made or should your communication be sensitive.
- We will see you on time when you have an appointment.
- We will give you our name and contact details, and that of our supervisor if requested.
- We will provide a safe and comfortable environment.
Help us to improve our service:
- We welcome your comments on the service we provide. They will help us improve.
- If you think something has gone wrong, we need to know so that we can put it right.
- If you would like to make a suggestion of improvement, please contact us.
- There is a also a formal complaints procedure that is easy to use.