My Event Guidelines
Hosting an Event for the Ottawa Humane Society
Hosting an event in support of the Ottawa Humane Society is a great way to get you, your family, friends and colleagues involved and make a difference in the lives of Ottawa’s animals. The funds you raise will assure a future for the lost and abandoned, injured and mistreated animals in our community.
Follow these easy steps to set up and complete your event:
- Decide on an event you would like to host.
- Fill out and submit a Community Event Request Form and send it to the OHS.
- Host your event and track funds raised either online through My Event or offline with a Sponsorship and Donation Receipt Form.
- Post-event – you did it! You raised funds for animals in need! If you collected donations offline, track them on a Sponsorship and Donation Receipt Form and send them with your event information to:
Ottawa Humane Society
245 West Hunt Club Road
Ottawa, ON, K2E 1A6
The Ottawa Humane Society can provide the following support once your event has been approved:
- resources, including the Sponsorship and Donation Receipt Form
- include your event in our Calendar of Events
- if applicable, provide use of the Ottawa Humane Society name and logo
- if applicable, issue tax receipts according to Canada Revenue Agency guidelines
The Ottawa Humane Society is unable to provide the following:
- funding or reimbursement for event expenses
- mail/email lists such as donor lists and staff lists
- guaranteed promotion or advertising of your event other than our Calendar of Events
- guaranteed attendance of staff, volunteers or animals at your event
- application for gaming or liquor licenses
- assistance with ticket sales or corporate sponsorship
- supply prizes and auction items
We are always there to support and help you with ideas, additional promotion and the option of creating online fundraising pages. Call us at 613-725-3166 ext. 238 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.