Ottawa Humane Society Auxiliary
The Ottawa Humane Society Auxiliary was formed in 1949. Its mandate is to support the society and to raise funds for the animals in its care.
Throughout its 65 years, auxiliary fundraising has supported foster care, adoptions, medicine and health care, food, equipment and the construction of the shelter at 245 West Hunt Club Rd.
The auxiliary supports the OHS through annual fundraisers, bazaars, bake sales, craft and garage sales as well as participating in the Wiggle Waggle Walkathon and the other events.
Fundraising Activities for 2017
- OHS Auxiliary Easter Craft and Bake Sale Sunday, April 9 from 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. at the Ottawa Humane Society
- OHS Auxiliary Spring Sale, June 3 from 1:30 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- OHS Auxiliary Fall Bazaar, Sept. 30 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- OHS Auxiliary Christmas Craft Sale, Nov. 16 and 17 from 9:30 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Nov. 18 from 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. at the Westgate Mall
- OHS Open House for Donors Auxiliary Craft and Bake Sale Nov. 26 from 1 – 4 p.m. at the Ottawa Humane Society
- OHS Open House for the General Public Auxiliary Craft and Bake Sale, Dec. 2 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
We thank you for your continued support to help make 2017 another successful fundraising year.
Auxiliary Meetings - Join Us!
Our monthly meetings are held at 1:30 pm on the first Thursday of each month (except July and August) at the shelter on 245 West Hunt Club Rd. From time to time, after the business portion of our meeting is completed, we have a speaker/presentation on an animal-related topic. We finish by socializing over tea and goodies.
All are welcome. Please join us!
For more information, please contact Nancy Hazen at 613-825-1621.