Animal Foster Program
Urgent: Foster Homes Needed!
The OHS is urgently seeking volunteers to join our Kitten Brigade by offering a temporary foster home for sick cats or nursing kittens this summer.
The summer is the busiest time of year for the OHS, with cats arriving by the box-full, many of whom require care outside the shelter environment for medical or behavioural issues before they can be placed for adoption. We rely on the support of our foster volunteers to help meet the needs of these animals and help them recover in a temporary, nurturing home outside the stressful shelter environment.
The OHS provides food and litter to foster volunteers, in addition to supplying medications, examinations, and prescription diets.
Join the Kitten Brigade today to help us save cats' lives!
To join the Brigade, please follow these easy steps:
- Complete the Foster application form and return to the foster department via email at email@example.com.
- Volunteers who meet program requirements will be contacted for a brief phone interview.
- Submit a Criminal Records Check.
- Attend a foster orientation.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Volunteers with pets must show proof of spay or neuter and current vaccinations.
- Volunteers must have a separate room to isolate a foster animal.
- Volunteer must have time to care for foster animals.
- Volunteers must have access to a vehicle.
- Volunteers must abide by the foster agreement signed upon joining the program.
- Foster Volunteers cannot adopt their foster animals.
Are you interested in fostering dogs instead? Please fill out a foster application and return it as per the instructions above.
For more information please contact our Foster Customer Service Representative via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 613-725-3166 ext. 255.