Pet First Aid
Do you feel prepared for a pet emergency?
First aid is an important part of taking care of the ones you love. Your animal companion is more than just a pet – they are a member of your family! With that in mind, do you know how to recognize a potentially serious condition in your pet? Would you know how to help if they are injured?
Be the best pet owner you can be and attend one of our pet first aid courses!
All OHS pet first aid courses will cover the following topics in detail:
• Preventative care
• Administering medications
• Checking heart rates/respiratory rates
• Heartworm and ticks
• Household toxins and ingestion
• Injured pads
• Safe handling/muzzling your injured pet
• Common illnesses and symptoms
Courses will be held in the evening, on the following dates:
- Pet First Aid – Level 1: Thursday, Oct. 18 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Pet First Aid – Level 1: Thursday, Dec. 13 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Pet First Aid – Level 2: Thursday, Jan. 24 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Pet First Aid – Level 1: Thursday, Feb. 7 from 6 to 8 p.m.
To register or find information about upcoming course dates, please visit our online registration page.