Lesson Plans for Teachers
Are you looking to expand on our humane education topics in your classroom? The Ottawa Humane Society offers a variety of bilingual and curriculum-linked lesson plans for elementary school classes. Each lesson plan includes a presentation, grading rubric, interactive group activity and individual craft. Click on the links below to download a lesson plan today! Current topics and grade levels available include:
- JK/SK– Let’s Learn About Cats & Dogs /Apprenons à connaître les chats et les chiens
- Grade 4 – Co-Existing with Urban Wildlife/ Coexister avec les animaux sauvages en milieu urbain
- Grade 4 – Too Many Cats and Dogs/Trop de chats et de chiens
- Grade 5 – Creating a Pet Friendly Community/Les animaux de compagnie et notre communauté
- Grade 6 – Welcome to the OHS/Bienvenue à la société protectrice des animaux
*At this time, we are still finalizing the details of our Grades 4-6 lesson plan packages. These will be available online by March 31, 2018.
For more information about our humane education program and the online lesson plans, please contact our coordinator: humane education at firstname.lastname@example.org.