The Animals Need You!
- Volunteers must be 18 years and older.
- A minimum commitment of one year is required to volunteer.
- Volunteers must complete an application form, successfully pass a phone interview, submit a criminal records check and attend orientation sessions before beginning their volunteer duties.
- Volunteers must be able to work safely around all species of animals.
- The OHS does not accept high school students completing community service hours or offer cooperative education placements.
Not 18? You can still help! We always need volunteers to hold events to help raise funds for the animals in our care.
Help the animals by volunteering at the Ottawa Humane Society
Volunteer Connection Newsletter
Check out our e-newsletter for volunteers. It features extraordinary volunteers, success stories, volunteer needs section, and updates on up-coming events.