Interactive and Educational Birthday Fun!
If your child has a birthday party coming up, why not celebrate with the animals?
Birthdays are a chance to play and celebrate another year of growing up. We offer fun-filled birthday parties with tons of animal interaction, an interactive behind-the scenes tour and more! Our OHS birthday parties are an awesome way to help support the animals at the OHS by not only showing our shelter animals some love but also learning a bit about what it takes to be an A+ pet owner. OHS birthday parties are perfect for children who love animals and are interested in learning more about animal welfare and animal care. Celebrate your child’s birthday with some four-legged fun!
We host birthday parties on Friday at:
- 5 p.m.
- 6 p.m.
*Please note: Friday parties are only available during the school year
Or on Saturday and Sunday at:
- 10 a.m.
- 12:30 p.m.
- 3 p.m.
OHS birthday parties are two hours in length and suitable for animal lovers between four and 12 years old.
The price of each party package is for 10 children including the birthday child, for each additional child there is a fee (please see below) up to a maximum of 20 children.
|Package details||Original birthday package ($250)||Deluxe birthday package ($375)|
|Each additional child||$15||$25|
|Includes one gift package for guest of honour: OHS t-shirt, engraved ID tag with birthday child’s name, and a temporary tattoo||Included||Included|
|Party hosted by OHS staff||One||One|
|Tour of the shelter||Included||Included|
|Decorations (balloons, birthday banners and table cloths)||Included||Included|
|Plain or basic cups, plates, napkins, cutlery||Included||Included|
|Personal online fundraising page||By request||By request|
|OHS birthday cake (from The Cake Shop)||N/A||Included|
|Pizza and juice||N/A||Included|
|NEW: OHS branded loot bag items||N/A||Included|
Your group has the option of doing one of the following special activities:
- Decorating and building hide-and-perch boxes for the cats at the shelter!
- Braided/knotted dog tug toys to donate to the OHS or to take home for your dog.
- Cat toys to play with our adoptable cats and to take home for your cat too!
In addition to:
- Small animal interaction – guests will learn proper animal handling before the animal is brought in to visit the party guests. Animals that may be seen here are guinea pigs, rats or bunnies!
- Cat gallery visit – guests are invited to visit our adoptable cats in the OHS cat gallery. Proper handling and visitation rules will be outlined before entering this space.
- Dog Buddies – guests will have the opportunity to meet one of our favourite OHS volunteer dogs. These guys love to spend their weekend visiting birthday parties, so get ready for some tail-wagging fun! *Please note: Dog Buddies is dependent on availability of temperament-tested dogs
All proceeds above and beyond the costs to run the party go to the animals at the OHS!
Space is limited, so register today!
Parties are booked on a first-come, first-serve basis and you will be asked to provide your top three date requests.
To request a party, please fill out our online form. If you need more information or have questions please contact our Attendant: Reception by phone at 613-725-3166, ext. 297 or by email at email@example.com.